Tuning the upper treble

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 21:17:26 -0400

Thanks, Ron.  I'm now primed to advise the piano customer long before the
tuning appointment.  But you know as well as I do that I'll still be faced
with an impossible situation. I can only try to ask them to clear the top
of the piano.
Is the 3" and 4" tuning tip really a threat to bending the tuning pins?
I'm not sure but it feels strange when using them. I like the feel of a
tuning pin moving in the hole.  I don't feel like that is happening with a
longer tuning tip.