Rubber buttons.

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:32:40 -0500

Conrad,

>The fallboard buttons were osified and/or missing. I have new ones to
>put on, but it's been so long I forget how to get that thing down into
>the hole. I'm talking the all rubber ones, not the nail buttons. I
>obviously don't do refinishing here!
>
>Any tricks/lubricants?

   If I understand you correctly, isn't that just the type where you have to
clean out the remains of the old button, and the new one installs as a
friction fit, using a small tack hammer or something to drive it in? Maybe
also with a "little" dab of glue?
   I'm not a refinisher either, but I have replaced some of that type of
button over the years.

>Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     | hoffsoco@luther.edu

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music