Business License

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 23:49:40 -0500

Joel,
We have to have a sales tax permit in Texas even if we are a sole
proprietorship.  Perhaps that's the type of thing David is referring
to.  I understand that some other states charge a fee for issuing that.
Again, that's one of those things we aren't charged for.  Ain't it grand
to have been born a Texan . . .

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter

Joel Rappaport wrote:

  David ilvedson wrote:
  > Do any of you folks have to pay for multiple business licenses?

  David,
  Never have been asked to buy a business license.  Are you a sole
  proprietor?  Are you sure that the license is not for only an
  _incorporated_ business.  We have what is called a "franchise tax"
  here
  in Texas for Inc. businesses.  Of course, taxing practices may be
  completely different there.  We don't even have a state income tax
  in
  Texas, left over from the old days when oil revenues paid for
  everything.  Now there is just a general reluctance to an income
  tax.
  If you simply do not pay the tax, will you have a new email address
  in
  prison?  {:>

  ----Joel