String breakage (was Re: I Raise the pitch...)

Ron Nossaman nossaman@southwind.net
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:59:36 -0500 (CDT)

At 05:09 PM 4/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
<whack>
>So, I'm wondering what other techies do when trying to put a string on one of
>those beasties in that location...while the action is still in the piano
>(besides swear a lot, I mean).
>
>Stay Tuned!
>
>Mike Hoffman, RPT
>Marquette, MI

Wires with hooks, screwdrivers with notches, telekinesis, vise grips, and a fair amount of intense pain. NEVER SWEAR! The walls have ears. Mutter instead. It gives a sort of mystical incantation-like quality to the process that some customers find quite c
harming. Fortunately it happens infrequently enough that we tend to forget all the gory details associated with the subsequent repair. Oh yeah, don't put your eye out, and try not to bleed on the carpet.

 Ron Nossaman