Christmas business building ideas ...

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:51:23 EST

>Just as a side item for those working on building up their clientele:
>
>You might want to consider sending a Christmas card (or 'Happy Holiday'
>card) to your clientele.  Pick something that's in good taste and that
>could be displayed with the rest of the families' cards if they do this.
>This doesn't necessarily mean the most expensive card, though.
>
>This seems to help generate business in December and January.
>
>I always sign the inside of the card and maybe put a one line note,
>something like "Wishing you a Merry Christmas and joyous New Year
>-- (signed) Mark Cunningham".  I also put a business card inside.
>
>I've received some good positive reponses from customers about this.
>
>Remember -- from a marketing perspective the cheapest client to get is
>the client base you already have!!!!  Cards returned by the Post Office
>help you keep your mailing list clean by either deleting the customer if
>they've moved out of your area or updating your records with their new
>address.
>
>I'd be interested to know if anyone else does this and the responses
>you've received.
>
>-Mark Cunningham
>Chattanooga, TN
>
>MARK@cstcc.cc.tn.us

I send out a newsletter every month to customers who are due for a tuning. I
inlcude a limerick my wife wrote about getting the piano tuned, services I
offer, used I pianos I have for sale, etc. For a while I had an article
explaining why a piano goes out of tune.

I send the newletter to customers for 4 years. Although a majority of calls
come from those who have their piano tuned every 6 months or once a year, I
get enough calls from my 2, 3 and 4 year customers to make it worth it.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis