Shop Setup report reply

Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:34:20 -0800

Warren,

The setup that James has sounds very good.

I particularly like that someone broke up the
installation of his "edison" circuits into smaller
"bites".  I'd suggest several 20-30 amp circuits for
even an average size shop.  It's amazing how much
draw mounts up without realizing.

Also, _please_ pay extremely close attention to
proper grounding, especially if you do your own
work.  Codes vary wildly, so check carefully.  If
there is any doubt, install a new ground where your
electrical service enters the property and bring
_everything_ back to that.

Also, depending on the volume of work you do,
think about picking up 220v equipment as your
110 stuff wears out.  (That'll help justify the expense
of the 50-100 amp, 3 phase service you'll have to
install...)

Best.

Horace

Horace Greeley