Everett vertical pinblock separation

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 12:19:01 -0500

I would like to point out something in a situation similar to this.
Draw the crack as closed as possible with clamps before drilling.
This will decrease the amount of wood chips falling into the crack
but more importantly it will align the drill hole better.

With the crack separated and the hole drilled, the portions of the
drill hole on either side of the crack will not be in line when drawn up with
the bolts. This alone will restrict the gap from closing.

This was sound advice given by John McDonald, RPT
proir to my first attempt at this too many years ago.

Jon Page