Concerning soundboard compression ridges (resend)

Sun, 14 Dec 1997 09:44:50 -0800

Keith McGavern wrote:

> >...I had no idea compression ridges had now become a "feature."
> >Interesting spin.
> >
> >Kind of like calling broken legs a feature of skiing.
> >
> >-- ddf
>
> That is hardly a congruous comparison, Del.  More like a cheap shot.  :-)
>
> Keith A. McGavern
> kam544@ionet.net
> Registered Piano Technician
> Oklahoma Chapter 731
> Piano Technicians Guild
> USA

  Perhaps. But to refer to something like a soundboard compression ridge -- something that can be proven to be structural
damage in the wood panel -- as if it were a feature does stretch the limits of credibility just a bit.

-- ddf