Prying - was Re: Everett vertical pinblock separation

Maxpiano Maxpiano@aol.com
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 23:40:46 EST

<<
 You could look read measure to check if the plate comes down straight from
 the top. By measuring the distance of the plate from the front part of the
 cabinet, it will give you an idea if the top portion of the plate is
 parallel to the back. Measure bass tenor and treble and it should give you
 an idea. Now an idea is just that, an idea. If you want to know the truth,
 go ahead and chisel.

Marcel -

Another idea to add to my bag of tricks, and thanks.  Which reminds me that I
always get a fright when I open up an old Conway or Hallet, Davis upright to
tune, because they were apparently built with the plate leaning slightly
toward the tuner.  I get the feeling of facing a pin block pulling toward me!

Bill Maxim