informal survey

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@emi.net
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 06:59:51 -0500

> (No I didn't accept the job of trying to straighten out the piano in
question,
> for several reasons, one being that the customer had turned down my quote
> accept a lower one from another tech (aprox 1,500 less) but I did charge
for
> my evaluation.

Hi Jim,

Boy! Can I identify with this post. I too recently lost a rebuild job on a
C3 in a clubhouse theatre to a cheaper bid. In 5 years tuning this piano,
there was never a complaint by any of the show pianists. As soon as this
dude did the cheap rebuild, the stuff hit the fan, and the powers that be,
knew that a wrong decision was made. To make this short, I was hired to
correct the job and the total cost to them was, I am sure, more than my
original quote. Jim, why don't you take on this job and charge at least
$1500? That will teach her a lesson, you will get even instead of mad, and
everything will be completely honest and above board. (just remember to
squeeze those knuckle splines if they need to be replaced)

I hope you will attend our Florida seminar May 1,2,3

Howard S. Rosen, RPT
Boynton Beach, Florida