Reajusting pitch question

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 10:34:14 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-02-02 09:02:05 EST, chance@InterLinx.qc.ca (Michel
Lachance) writes:

<< The problem I see with the offset-tuning is that you cannot accurately
 proceed a pitch-raise with it, or tell me if I am wrong.  If I intend
 to pitch raise, the reference the SAT will rely on will be the stored
 tuning and not the offset tuning. >>

Michel,
I'm sure that Jim Sr will answer much better than I, but until we hear from
him I offer this answer.

If you need to use the tuning that is off -.08 for a pitch raise, you can do
the math in your head to acommodate for the difference and proceed.

But I would suggest that you fix the problem by just doing another master
tuning for this instrument. With the tuning you have already stored, the FAC
function and your ear, it should not take you any longer than an ordinary
tuning to make a new one with which you will be comfortable of its accuracy.
Then no more worry, just tune away whether pitch adjustment or regular
tuning.

Gina Carter