speed tuning

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 13:34:45 -0700 (MST)

Dear List,

        Do you know of any techniques to develop speed tuning?

        I have read Steve Fairchild  gives a course in tuning and since he
was the world record holder, maybe some of you know his technique.

        Does he use a temperament strip or just mutes.

        Does he use an SAT or fork?

        I am plagued with slow tuning, going over and over a note probably
making it worse, banging it, so that it will hold.

        I have yet to master that art.  Does Steve have email?

        What is the best angle of holding the hammer, are there torque
advantages of being right or left handed?

        Some people press the hammer so they can feel notch tuning.  I've
been there done that but still would like to improve my technique and
speed.

        What is the best way to Pitch Raise?

Thanks,

Eliot

G. Eliot Lee
Phoenix, AZ
elee@amug.org
(602) 957-1711
"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars guides
you too."  - P.R. Sarkar