price suggestions--9' Mehlin 1924

Charles Stokes cfstokes@oratmail.cfa.ilstu.edu
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 14:53:15 -0600

Mark, I'm not a professional organ tuner by any means but have an old 3
rank Wickes set up and running in my home.  If you feel like it, I would
appreciate anything you could tell me about how to buy parts (I found Arndt
in Iowa, that's it so far) and if you know of any books, in or out of
print, on pipe organ technology.  I really am doing just fine with this
instrument, especially since the electric action is easy to figure out, but
wonder what the best order to go in might be when tuning by ear.  I am also
interested, academically, in all kinds of musical instrument technology
past and present.
Charlie Stokes
> but I'm going to let my mail pile up for a few days while on an organ
>tuning >trip.  PPS Any other Organ tuners on _this_ list?
>......Hummm. Now if I >can just get a decent 8' (Skinner) Diapason sound
>out this old upright......

Charles Stokes         cfstokes@oratmail.cfa.ilstu.edu.
Music Dept.         309-438-7265 (voice mail)

Illinois State University     Fax 309-438-8318
Normal, IL 61791-5660