damper felts

Tue, 25 Feb 1997 17:10:13 -0800

Peter,

The only Zimmerman I ever saw was relatively short (about 160cm), so I do
not know if this would apply or not.  I seem to remember that it was very
sensitive to the length of the felt, as well as the density.

If nothing else works, your thought about the damper action not having
"enough wait"  (if that means changing the damper lift timing so that the
dampers lift later) may be your best bet.

Dampers are _such_ fun

Best, and good luck.

Horace.

At 10:13 PM 2/25/97 +0100, you wrote:
>PETER KESTENS
>KESTENS.P@Debcom.be
>
>List,
>I've changed the damper-felts of a Zimmerman grand; after doing this, the
>sound of the notes stays much longer sounding than before.  If I puch a
>little bit on the damper itself, sounding stops immediatly after I stop
>playing  the key. Is the damper-felt to soft or has the damper-action not
>enough wait? I've placed them correctly on the same way an the same heigth
>as the old ones. How do I have to resolve this problem?

Horace Greeley

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what
the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be
replaced by something even more bizzare and inexplicable.  There is another
theory which states that this has already happened."

		-	Douglas Adams

Stanford University
email: hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu
voice mail: 415.725.9062