CA glue

Frank Weston waco@ari.net
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:17:42 -0800

MHoffman11@aol.com wrote in reference to CA glue:

> worthwhile, cost-effective means of squeezing a few more years out of
> hopeless pinblocks is:  TAKE A FAN WITH YOU...THIS GLUE WILL ROT YOUR
> EYEBALLS IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL.

There are different formulations of CA glue.  There is a formulation for
those who are sensitive to the fumes, or for applications where the glue
may dissolve the parts being glued (mostly plastics).

The best I have found, and I use this stuff by the gallon (but not on
pinblocks yet) is Bob Smith Super Gold.  This stuff isn't cheap, but
it's the only CA I use, and I've tried 'em all.  It's great for
repairing broken action parts, attaching keytops, etc.  E-mail direct if
you have trouble finding it.  I stock it by the case, and can part with
a bottle or else I can point you to a vendor where you can buy your own
case.

Also handy for glueing up holes in skin.  I use it to glue up my dogs
whenever they get in a fight.  Saves lots of vet bills, as long as you
can keep them from licking the wound (the dogs, not the vet).

Frank Weston