Repair and rebuilding

Wallace F. Wilson wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 23:35:34 -0400 (EDT)

>Wally, it is if you're old enough to have a bad back! :-)

I don't mind removing a spinet action.  Doing so makes me unique in this
area of the state.  Does that tell you something?  Is West Virginia unique?
In another note I describe how we do the operation.  I'm 50, but compete in
karate, so maybe that helps.  But my wife doesn't do the sports, & does the
repair in the piano.  Takes about 1.5 hrs.
There's obviously going to be more work to do for which the action is better
out.  Usually I can do the job there, unless we're replacing felts & cloth &
repinning.  Most of the time these customers can't afford the whole 9 yards.
On this issue I do what's necessary for the customer.  There are times,
however, when I turn dowon a job because I don't want my name attached to a
halfway job.
Wally Wilson