False beats Mystery

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Sun, 04 May 1997 09:44:28 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-05-03 11:20:48 EDT, Warren Fisher writes:

<< The bass section goes fine but about
 C5 I notice an increasing amount of false beating in EVERY note.  The
 higher in the scale I go the harder it is to tune because the true
 beating is getting buried under the false.  What is my problem?

 Clue #1  The problem probably only occurs in the Southern areas.

Warren -

First you say the bass section is fine, and then you say it only occurs in
the Southern area. Now, which is it? Make up my mind! Is it in the Southern
(read bass) areas, or in the Northern (read treble) areas?

Anyone who lives in California knows this terrible sound (ceiling fans, not
sea planes). Now if we could just get them to shut off the dishwasher, the
vacuum (I didn't think it would bother you since you used one of the piano!),
and the kids, we might be able to tune!

John Elving, RPT
Sacratomato, CA