This is a TECHNICAL forum

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 07 May 1997 06:35:35 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings;

 Tom writes
<snip> bull contests belong in their own list, and
>have NO place in this one.  Please keep them there.    This is a TECHNICAL
>forum.

  I have to agree,  If it is a problem dealing with personalities, crimes,
 egos, politics,  or any of the rest of problems involving an organization,
there is a better place for it than here.

Horace writes;
> this kind of thing is _probably_ better
>discussed on the larger ptg-l list.  On the other hand, I do not know how
>many of the folks on this list subscribe to the other.  Further, having
>done no research, I am talking directly through my hat, but suspect that
>many of the officers in the guild, and/or instructors at various guild
>events (e.g., people who are, in one way or another, leaders in the
>profession) are here rather than there.  Thus, there is some argument for
>at least _some_ discussion of this type to take place here.

        If there are more people on the tech list than the other,  does this
not illustrate the greater attraction that a purely technical place has?   I
propose that this is a good argument for leaving us "tech-heads" free from
the slop that arises out of human political frailty.
 (Parkways are great places to put billboards and fast food shops, but that
is not what parkways are for...............)

Regards,
Ed Foote

Oops,  almost forgot to put in the technical part of the post. > cleaning the
round centerpin files(reamers) with acetone makes them cut better,  and
twirling between twin files can often restore some of their cutting edges.