Sting Player Shut-up

Daryl Matthies pianotec@hnet.net
Wed, 07 May 1997 19:50:27 -0500

Hi all,

Players are not my favorite subject, but I serviced an Aeolian Sting the
other day that wouldn't shut off after the roll rewound.  I fixed the
little bugger by taping off about 3/4 of the hole on the shut-off valve.
 After cleaning the tracker bar, checking the reroll tubing, reroll
pneumatic and cherry switch, I just couldn't figure out what could be the
culprit.  I stuck my finger over the shut-off valve and it quit.  Now I
know it works, but why?  I was told by a player guru that shut-off valves
almost never go bad.  Maybe this one did!

Thanks folks,
Daryl Matthies
West Bend, WI
pianotec@hnet.net