a leg up

Fri, 09 May 1997 09:15:51 -0700

Dear Susan Hairsplitter and Richard Rex,

And  _I_ am too erudite?

Actually, "safe and colorless" describes entirely too much of too many
things these days - from dictionary definitions to, (dare I say it?),
musical performance.

Anyway, the reason I do not use the tapered reamers (hah, thought you'd got
me, did you?) is precisely because they are tapered.  Regularity was the
reason to experiment with heated broaches.  This goes to Don M's
observation re: the importance of consistency in the pinnin of the hammer
flange.

Which Richard was that, anyway?  I was a dolt.  II loved his horsey a bit
too much.  III - well, depends on to whom you wish to listen.
(Remembering, of course, that the popular viewof him handed down to us was
thoughtfully provided by someone with the clearly vested interest of trying
to please a very Tudor monarch.)

Horace Greeleyasaurus (The Tintinabulator)

>Dear Susan the Hairsplitter
>	(Or do you really mean Herrsplitter?): )
>
>Oh gawd how embareassing, but it is the LOL kind.  The lla looked odd
>so when I checked it there it was.   I should have not blinked or I
>would have noticed I should have checked the alla.  Speller Kind?  Ha
>I think not...perhaps Miss Speller, or Spellenspiel Kind.
>
>ala King Richard
>----------
>> From: Susan Kline <skline@proaxis.com>
>> To: pianotech@byu.edu
>> Subject: Re: a  leg up
>> Date: Thursday, May 08, 1997 11:27 AM
>>
>> Dear Richard the Speller Kind,
>>
>> GREAT party story, NEAT Hesse quote, but carping person notes:

>> >		By Gosh it is spelled right....rm
>>
>> Not in _my_ dictionary (good old 1948 model with split spine,
>before they
>> made all the definitions safe and colorless):
>>
>> --titillative, _adj._
>>
>> <g>, I hope?
>>
>> Susan the Hairsplitter
>>
>> Susan Kline
>> skline@proaxis.com
>> P.O. Box 1651,
>> Philomath, OR 97370
>>
>> The more we disagree, the more chance there is that at least one of
>us is
>> right.    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"The defining statistic of death is that it has a one to one ratio."

		- George Bernard Shaw

LiNCS				voice: 415/725-4627
Stanford University		fax: 415/725-9942