New piano pin torsion

Richard E. Clark PianoDoctor@compuserve.com
Wed, 14 May 1997 11:34:04 -0400

Marcel,

>I was wondering about that fact myself until I checked the diameter of
certain pins on Asian pianos. <

Thanks for the response. I'll do a little checking on that. These were no=
strictly Asian, though. I am noticing this also in the European Schirmers=
,
as well as Korean made instruments, and American Story&Clark. Still, they=

could be all be small pins, but I don't think so, because usually when I
get a #1 pin, I have to put on that size tip for a good feel, and I have
been using #2 and #3 tip on these pianos with no looseness problem.

Rick Clark