Usable Lifespan (was Re: Confession time)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 15 May 1997 12:29:26 -0500

Horace,

   Thanks for the post. It should very definitely come in useful. Out of
curiosity, why not above 4/0 pins on a D, but yes on a B? I don't really
like to use above a 4/0 anyway, but I was just wondering about the
difference. Something to do with ease and/or stability of tuning in a
concert situation maybe?
   Thanks.

Avery

>        4.- When stringing, do not go over 4/0 pins on Ds (period, no
>                negotiation) or 5/0s on Bs (and smaller, depending on
>                condition of the block).
>
>Horace

Avery Todd
Moores School of Music