RCT inFAQs

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Mon, 26 May 1997 23:05:08 -0400 (EDT)

Dean,

My questions about the RCT's abilities the other night veered off in the
direction of it's use as a data acquisition device. I was asking about the
ability to export the raw data partly because I'm always happier if I can
format my own charts. (Have you checked out DeltaGraph Pro by Delta Point
Development? www.deltapoint.com. It's the "Pagemaker" of charting
programs.) Pursuing this further, would it be a simple file in AppleScript
to establish a live link between the RCT and Deltagraph for instantaneous
chart draws?

But I also wanted to know about exportability, because the raw data (what
did you guess, 480K for a 6 sec. sample of a note in the bass?) could be
correlated with other data, say strain gage readings at the key front. I
know you only wanted to design an ETD, but now that the raw data is
exportable, the RCT has a whole new function.

Speaking about exportability, how difficult would it be to convert the raw
data into a MIDI file. IOW, do we have a sampler on our hands, not just of
piano sound but even who knows, the songbirds of spring?

You'll notice the CC's on this post. Your answers may have significance to
a few people.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter

Visit Bhod Ankur, the underwater monument to yesterday's civilisation.