Pedal dowel bushings-glue-less: Was CA glue quirk

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Tue, 27 May 1997 21:35:59 -0700

Susan Kline wrote:

> When trying to quiet jingling pedal dowels in uprights, I like to put 2
> bushing cloth "ears" through the hole for the pedal dowel pin

Susan,

Another way you can do it is to bush the dowel.  Slip a medium center
rail bushing over the pins and wrap about 2" of a good electricians tape
around the pin to eliminate the "tinkle" and keep the bushing from
falling off.  I have 2 of these fixes going on 20 years with no
problems.

NO action removal-no messy glue-no gouged knuckles!

A thought,

Warren

--
Home of The Humor List