Ray/1098

Billbrpt Billbrpt@aol.com
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 10:19:44 EDT

<< Ray;
   The 1098 is a rather problematic instrument, as your question indicates.
 While they take much more care than the usual instrument during
tuning/service
 they can be worked with.
  The numerous puzzling false beats inherent in the instument make it a bear
 tune and we 'probably' ought to count on two 'full' tunings each time we
 service one. Pin/string setting on the 1098 is, in my opinion, among the most
 difficult of any instrument.  Anything that you can do to improve string
 movement/rendering will be helpful. Paying particular attention to hammer
 position/technique will also pay dividends.
 BTW, don't "rassle" with em, they weigh more than you!  :-)
 Jim Bryant (FL) >>

Now, that's more like it Jim.