..Mold on the cabinet..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:50:38 -0400

..I now have a customer that has a rather old Baldwin Howard..it's in
very good shape..sounds great( it will after I tune it!), and the
cabinet has mold on it..it seems that there was a problem with the
construction of the condo in which this woman lives..something to do
with a moisture barrier that's suppose to be in place in these types
of structures..anyway, I took the call and I'm up for this challenge
of removing the mold from her cabinet..

..it is not all over the cabinet..it's located on the bass side of the
cabinet and the lid, and down around the rim..there's a little on the
plate, but not much..

..i pulled the action, and that seems to have been spared..

..does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of cleaner I should
use?..I applied a little Grease Lightning to a dry cloth and cleaned a
small section with good results, but I'm a little scared about the
finish if I have to apply some elbow grease to remove mold from any
stubborn areas..

thanks,
Phil Bondi