Silent Series

Michiel van Loon mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:37:58 +0100

Bill, Miguel and Larry,
Thanks for your info and reaction.
But:

>Tell me more.  Why do you find the Silent series better than the
QuietTime??
>In this particular case, it's your only option, that I'm aware of.

-- The Yamaha Silent piano sound is better.

>Silent Series pianos stop the hammer at 10mm from the string (let off) with
>or without the silent feature engaged.  QT is 3-5mm.

-- This was true but it isn't anymore.

>Silent Series pianos offer one voice unless you add a tone module.  The one
>voice is a very nice sounding piano (synthesized).  QT offers 127 standard

-- This very nice synthesized piano voice is just what my customer wants,
nothing more!

My message was also picked up by a big dutch firm who phoned me this
morning, and told me about other options.

Vriendelijke groeten,
Michiel van Loon
Meppel
Nederland