Ice Storm

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 00:55:28 EST

<<
 List,

    I was just listening to a newscast about the ice storm, etc. in the
 Northeast and was just wondering if any of our list members are caught in
 that. If so, we probably won't be hearing from them for a little while.
 Just curious.

 Avery

I live on the East side of Portland, OR.  On Saturday night it started
snowing.  Most Sunday church services were canceled.  On Monday we had a solid
sheet of ice on the streets and I had to skate down the driveway to get the
newspaper.  I was scheduled to go to the West side of Portland and even though
I have a 4 wheel drive truck, I did not want to risk it driving 2 hours to get
to one appointment which would be normally 20 minutes, then 2 hours to get
home.

Instead, I spent a full day in the shop, bunched the rest of the schedule
towards the end of the week.  The headache drive time turned into valuable
shop time.  My wife stayed home from work, which enabled me to stay off the
phone.  It does not always work this way, but I can live with it just the
same.

One of the benefits of being more than just a tuner.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR