Wurlitzer action

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 00:55:26 EST

<<
      Good afternoon men and women...It's been a while but I do have a
 question. I know on grands such as Steinways, that the action can be removed
 without much difficulty. Can, on an upright, the action be removed in a
 similar way? I was pondering this after reading 88 Keys: The Making of a
 Steinway Piano. Hope everyone had a good Christmas or any other recent
 holiday. Be well!
    Oh, and thanks in advance for any replies that waste your valuable time
for
 a unenlightened person.

 Caleb McVey
 Athens, GA  actually Watkinsville but it's close enough

 Caleb,

The only upright actions I know of that can be removed in a simular way to a
grand, is some birdcage pianos, and a pre 1900 Halet and Davis. I have one in
my shop that the keys and action remove as a single unit, like a grand.  There
may be others as well but this is what I know of as of right now.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR