New Year Mystery

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 06:32:53 -0800

Alright Gang,

A new puzzle for the New Year to get your thinking processes going!

1. The Scene: A 20+ year old Wurlitzer spinet in a customers' home.
2. The Problem: A rattling sound in the key return when it is played
several times quickly.  About 15 keys exhibited the problem, mostly in
the middle of the keyboard.
3. Things I checked before discovering the problem accidently:
	a. Butt felt (no glue squeeze-out either)
	b. Bridle wires
	c. Center holes-pulley keys
	d. Backchecks hitting sticker wires
	e. Action screws
	f. Key Bushing felt
	g. Hammer glue joints
	h. Damper system rod pin bushings in metal levers (I was getting
desparate
	about now!)

4. The Mystery questions:
	a. What was causing the noise?
and	b. What did I do that revealed the problem accidently?

Have fun Boys and Girls!

Warren
--
Warren D. Fisher