damper flange cords

RptBob1 RptBob1@aol.com
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 16:38:13 EST

I tune 12 Yamahas consoles built around 1970.  They are all in different
school buildings in Northeast Ohio(cleveland).  On 4 of them, the cords are
totally rotting away.  Any small pressure and they tear.  I have replaced one
complete set of flanges with cords, but it's a tough job because one must also
align the flanges (paper them) to keep hammer alignment in proper order.  Next
one I do (I'll be doing four per year until all 12 are complete) I may just
replace the cord thus avoid the papering of the flanges.  This will probably
take an entire day- replaceing with new flanges was in the 5 or  6 hour
category.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
South Euclid, Ohio (Cleveland)