Answer: New Years Mystery

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 21:28:49 -0800

Ray got closest to the answer with his hardened grommets, but in this
case the rubber was still good but the forks in the back of the keys had
metal flashing sticking out into the rubber.  The movement of the key up
and down caused the flashing to cut through the rubber to the sticker
wire causing the rattle!

When I turned the grommet a 1/4 turn the rattle stopped!  Talk about
stumbling over it!

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

Warren

--