Plastic Parts (was:Dumb...)

JElving JElving@aol.com
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 01:33:39 EST

In a message dated 1/20/98 9:05:09 PM EST, jpage@capecod.net writes:

<<
 Wooden parts is not always the answer. Broken plastic elbows should be
 replaced
 with snap-on plastic elbows. I have replaced them with wood until I decided
 to do
 a "quick" repair. That convinced me that replacing elbows with wood was a
 waste
 of the customer's money and _my_time.

If we look at the length of the life of those plastic parts (most of the
''bad'' ones are somewhere around 50 years), and the quality of the piano
origianlly, those plastic parts have lasted longer than many of today's new
pianos will. Fifty years plus for a set of new plastic parts will outlast the
rest of the piano. Then the customer can save money for a better replacement.

John Elving, RPT
San Leandro, CA
JElving@aol.com