Temperaments

A440A A440A@aol.com
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 06:55:57 EST

Greetings,
>My question:  If you had a free hand to tune any temperament you wanted,
>what would be a suitable temperament for this program list?  What
>temperament would be best for this, and Why?

The program is Cm and Em ?  ET would probably be the wisest choice.  It is
possible that they would have become accustomed to this.
     I am not real sure about the use of WT in accompaniment roles.  Solo and
concerto work, sure, but the proper tuning for a trio depends on pre-existing
intonational expectations.  Go there at your your own risk!!
regards,
Ed Foote