Temperaments

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 22:43:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, ralph m martin wrote:

> Les
> Thanks for the post!
> I believe we're looking at the same things called by different names.

Ralph:

Erroll Garner (Misty, of course!) was asked one time, if his inability
to read music fluently (it was virtually all by ear) didn't bother him.
His reply was: "No one ever hears you read the notes"! In other words,
in the end, all that matters is the nusic, itself. Likewise, whatever
names we might use to describe the harmonic devices we're using, aren't
nearly as important as HOW we use them. The music's the thing. Always.

Les Smith