1881 Knabe Grand

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 15:10:23 -0600 (CST)

Hi Dan,

I tune one every year or so that's pretty close to this description. I
didn't record the serial number last time I tuned it, so I don't know the
exact vintage. It's been 'rebuilt', so there may not still be one. This
piano needs EVERYTHING; action, soundboard, bridge work, etc., but it isn't
likely that she will have it done. She's extremely rich, you see, and the
piano is furniture most of the time except when there's a party. Then she
wants it to be wonderful, but only through Saturday. You know the drill.
Seems like I remember an open face pin block (but maybe not). Does yours
have plate webbing, or is it open?

Ron

At 09:29 PM 1/28/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I think I asked this several months ago but I didn't receive any
>replys.  Does anyone know of or take care of an 1881 Knabe Grand 7ft
>6in.? I am restoring one and am curious if there are any others out
>there. Thanks,  Dan
>
>Dan's Piano Service
>POB 58
>Electric City, WA 99123