Cheapie Yamaha

ETomlinCF3 ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 18:14:47 EST

Mr Blees,

You did not hear this from me...but Yamaha does have a plant in Taiwan.  The
pianos that are produced there that say Yamaha are not made to the same
standards as the Yamahas in this country.  They were never intended to be
shipped to USA.  Yamaha keeps the highest standard of manufacturing for the
pianos in the European and USA markets and in tropical countries such as
Taiwan it is not the same.  Please do not judge them based on any grey market
or Taiwan import.

Ed Tomlinson  ( or as D. Peake said...E.T. )

<< I recently tuned a Yamaha studio piano that belongs to a Taiwanese family,
who
 brought the piano from home. (They are staying here for a couple of years).
 It looked, sounded and acted very much like the Brentwood studios I have
 tuned. The customer told me they bought the piano in Taiwan, but that it was
 made in China. Now I don't know about the trade relations between mainland
 China and Taiwan, but if it had a Yamaha name on it, perhaps it came to
Taiwan
 through Japan. Anyone know anything about this?

 Willem Blees RPT
 St. Louis.  >>