squeak = squeal

THEOFONE THEOFONE@aol.com
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 16:49:40 EST

In a message dated 3/8/98 12:48:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
skline@proaxis.com writes:

<<
 I would be very, very leery of using superglue on screw threads.
 Fasteners should be removable. I don't think screws should be
 "locked tight". >>

                     Susan
                      Loc-tite is NOT superglue. It is a thread locking
compound that is removable. It is an ANEROBIC cure glue without the strength
of superglue. It cures without oxygen,hence anerobic. It will fill gaps
between threads fairly well, but they are still removable. If left out, it
will turn to muck. Usually used where vibration or use will loosen screws.
                                                   Theodore Mamel RPT
                                                    Pittsburgh Chapter