Improving Upright Dynamics & Repetition

John Woodrow woodroj@syvax.email.dupont.com
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:37:02 +1100

Dear List,
There was a discussion on the list a few months ago regarding improving
upright repetition by regulation for (a) minimum after touch, and (b) close
back check distance.  I also noticed a planned seminar at one of the PTG
conventions titled something along the lines of 'don't just regulate to the
specifications, regulate for maximum performance'.

I must admit to basically regulating to the specifications.  This has
always given me good results, but the discussions mentioned above have made
me wonder if I am settling for something short of optimum.  I would love to
attend the PTG seminar on this topic but the cost of attending from half a
world away is just a little bit to much.

I have been experimenting with finding 'minimum let off distance', 'minimum
back check distance', etc. with mixed results.  So rather than continue my
trial and error methods to determine abstract notions such as 'minimum'
etc, my question to the list is:

* What regulation adjustments do you consider important to work on for
maximizing upright performance, and

* How do you in practice determine the optimum setting for such an adjustment.

Appreciate any comments, or suggested reading material etc. on this topic.

Regards,
John Woodrow
Sydney, Australia

Email:		Woodroj@syvax.email.dupont.com