30 minute epoxy

BSimon1234 BSimon1234@aol.com
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:18:13 EST

You don't need to look for the "watery" variety of epoxy.
 Just apply heat to the best 30 minute epoxy you can find.
The viscosity drops, it wicks in, the cure is accelerated, etc.
Try a soldering iron on low, run it through the glue above
 the hairline cracks.

This is information I though everyone knew,
 but I did not see it mentioned.

This tip is   on the sides of many of the epoxy
 containers.  Where they mention not to thin
 the epoxy.

B. Simon
Phoenix

 <<    Willard Leverett in his video "Piano Bridge Repair Made Easy" showed
     him using a 30 minute epoxy to fill the tinny hairline cracks in both
     a treble and bass bridge.  The epoxy he was using was very watery and
     therefore was good at soaking deeply into the wood.

     Do any of you have suggestions where one would look for the watery
     variety?  All I have been able to find is epoxy with the consistency
     of honey.