Addendum to Weighty Problem

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 00:11:16 -0600 (CST)

><<  It's very possible that the competition piano that I refered to, could
>have been out of regulation enough that it was difficult to play. >>
>
>This is the forum in which it is proper to be candid.  You are most likely
>correct about this, especially if it was a Teflon action.  Any number of times
I have had people ask me to make their action "heavier" so that they can learn
to play on a "heavy" action...
>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin

Bill,

Any reason in particular that you would attribute this specifically to a
Teflon action?  Other than regulation discrepancies and/or soft hammers, my
first thoughts would be action centers with verdigris as a contributing
factor.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician