damper regulation

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:36:14 -0500

Dear list,

     Last year I tuned a 20-year-old Wurlitzer spinet, then removed the
action to tighten the rear screws, replaced and checked all and went
home.
     Today I returned to tune the piano and noticed some of the dampers
barely clear the strings in the upper bass and lower tenor.  I don't
recall this being a problem before, unless I just missed it.  Is it
possible that removing and replacing the action caused the problem?  Am
I overlooking something, or should I just regulate the dampers and be
done with it?  I'm not very skilled at that yet, especially on spinets.
     Your input will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Clyde Hollinger (yes, I'm an RPT but not very long yet)