Screws pulling through hinge

Maxpiano Maxpiano@aol.com
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:49:04 EST

List-

A university I tune for has a Baldwin SD(10?) that had the screw heads pull
right through the holes in the long piano hinge letting the front half of the
lid come loose.  The screw heads were just barely larger than the holes.  I
managed to get it back together, hoping it would not separate again before a
proper repair could be made.

The dealer was of no help.  His technician came out, looked,  claimed there
was no problem.

I got out some #6 oval head screws I had from American, but their heads were
even smaller.  Does anyone have a solution short of ordering a new hinge?

Bill Maxim, RPT