Feedback on PTG attendance

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:04:59 -0600

Barb Barasa writes The question: for those of you who attend PTG meetings
around the country (or the world), what is your policy in this area? Can
people attend X number of times, and then they have to join or stay out? If
so, how many times? Or has this issue never come up in your group?

My answer:
I  have been a PTG associate (or what ever they are calling it this week)
for 28 years in the same small chapter. Our chapter has tried to say that
after 3 meetings we ask you to join. However to my knowledge we have never
told anyone that they could no longer attend meetings if they did not join.
Leggs pantyhose learned early on that the idea of "one size fits all" didn't
work and the same is true when deciding when a person is ready to join a
group. In our case we have found that if a person is sincere about being a
good piano technician they have joined our chapter after a few meetings. We
try to show by example that we are a group worth joining.

John Dewey
associate member
Central Illinois Chapter