Yamaha electric grand

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 09 Jan 1999 15:42:11 +0100

>I'm considering doing the following:
>
>1)Repin to about 5-6 swings, increase friction
>in action.

Hi,
I am a Yamaha trained technician and I would NOT recommend repinning.
The Yamaha pinning is always very good and very consistent. Once you change
it, you might be in big trouble.

>2)Ease balance rail whole, keys, reduce
>resistance in keys.

Easing the keys will make the touch lighter.

>3) Raise sharps 1 mm, and corresponding dip,
>to make hand work a little harder, creating
>illusion of firmer touch.

Do not change the height of the sharps, it will make problems worse, because
a. the configuration of whites and sharps has been proven to be best the way
it is, b. Yamaha regulation in general is pretty good already.

>4) After this is done, add weight to key if
>she at that point wants me to.

That is the only solution (after a thorough Yamaha regulation), although 55
grams is already pretty high. The Yamaha CFIIIS has a down weight of around
58 grams!!

>Questions
>
>Anyone out there can give factory specs for these machines.
>
>Any experiences with these machines you want to share,
>and am I missing something in this picture.

What you should do in the first place is: make a perfect Yamaha regulation.
Usually that is enough to make a critical customer happy (aside from tuning
and voicing).