Tuning pin to tip fit?

GFi5607775@AOL.COM GFi5607775@AOL.COM
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:01:38 EST

Love your tip on tips.

I just came from the UAE and spent a couple days with a tuner from China.

He carries almost nothing in a small brief case for servicing, and only 1
tuning tip.

I went with him on one service call, and as un-luck would have it for him, it
was an old birdcage action piano with (probably size 1 or 1.567--god knows)
let me say small pins, as he stuggled for control, well I was out of my area,
and could not believe what a lousy result he obtained, I was ashamed of this
type of work, he smiled took money from the client, and I made certain no oene
knew my name.

I have a box of different sized tips in my State side work shop and only
yesterday packed them up to take back with me to the middle east. I keep two
tips  and handles always in my over "heavy" tool case. I now am going to mic.
all my tips out, each side and lable them with a dremel. I must have complete
controll of the "feel"

I also have a box of tips,