Tuning pin to tip fit?

GFi5607775@AOL.COM GFi5607775@AOL.COM
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:10:05 EST

Sorry, I'm new at this, hit the wrong button:

I must have complete controll of the feel of the total length of a pin, but I
do know sometimes I feel "slop" or not just quite tight seating of my tip on
occasion. My goals in concert tuning are>	 1. Stability...and extreme
stability
								2. Unisons...again extreme unisons
								3. And the best tempermant I can find for the 											instument.
It took me 8 months of carefull testing tuning and reviews, of my SAT numbers
to finally arrive at what I "think" may be the best tuning of one of my
instruments.
So far, never had anything but Wow's from the artists, but hopefully I can
find an improvement with Deans Cyber tuner.

Stability, I have been able to monitor before, duting and after the show, at
less than 0.2 on my SAT, and only on a couple of unisons.

Your tip "tip" may be another helpfull wepon for better pin controll.

I'll get information on my "tip study for all of you"

Gregory Fisher
PianoDisc Middle East