PLI

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:07:18 EST

In a message dated 1/20/99 12:40:07 AM !!!First Boot!!!, wjstuner@juno.com
writes:

<< Query for the list:   has anyone heard of this group-Piano Life
 International-of Denver CO?
 Got a mailing from them today about selling warranty service to my
 customers.  Their pitch seems to be "did you know 100's of piano
 companies have closed their doors, has your?"  Just curious.  Thanks in
 advance!
 Bill Schlipf  Bloomington, IL
 wjstuner@juno.com

Bill:

I got that information also. Atlhough it sounds very interesting, and perhaps
the concept could work, but I think it is a way for PLI to make some money,
money that you can earn also. It promotes that it will take care of warentee
service work when a dealer or manufacturer is out of business. My reaction is,
if a dealer is out of business, but not the manufacturer, as a technician, I
can help the customer, and keep all the money myself. If the manufacturer is
out of business, then it is the customer's responsibility to maintain the
instrument, and I still make the money. Why sould I tell a customer to pay an
out of town company, who will in turn pay me,  to do the work I am going to do
in the first place.

I don't see the owner of PLI in the directory, so I presume he is not a member
of the PTG. I commend him for coming up with a neat idea. I just dont think it
will work.

Wim