CA vs Epoxy for pinblocks

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart@juno.com
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:45:12 -0600

There's another material, presented at a lot of conventions, which I have
NOT purchased for several reasons, cost, lack of person experience, etc.
Someone will probably mention it.............   It's about as messy as
epoxy, but supposedly better.
les bartlett

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 02:43:15 EST BSimon1234@AOL.COM writes:
>I know that several people on this list successfully use CA glue to
>treat
>pinblocks and cure loose pins. I tried it once on a piano with zero
>pin torque
>that  had been very heavily treated with Garfield's Pin Tite.  A
>string
>brought to pitch would instantly slide to an octave low.  It improved
>almost tuneable. The piano was an absolute disaster and I feel that CA
>would
>work in most situations.
>
>I am looking at another POS as a candidate for treatment.
>
>I know there was a debate a while ago about Epoxy versus CA glue.
>Since time
>has passed a bit I thought that there might be more information now.
>Are there
>any technicians out there who are successfully using epoxy (presumably
>water
>thin), or who have compared both products?
>
> I am drilling oversized holes in some pinblock material and will test
>both
>products on the bench, but still would like to hear about results and
>brand
>names from anyone who has treated pinblocks with epoxy.
>
>If you have found a particularly successful CA glue or procedure,
>please
>mention it.
>
>Thanks for any information.
>
>Bill Simon
>Phoenix

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]