Key Ratio

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:10:31 -0500

Here's something to break the monotony:

Why are some piano's key ratios so erratic
and other a closer tolerance?

Is the hole that much off note to note to create
a .02 to .05 difference?

I have not taken linear measurements for this, (can one?)
only a weight on the capstan with the key on the
scale platen. Next time I'll scrutinize length parameters.

I have to put in a plug for the Touchweight Design Table.
(Pianotek)
If speed and accuracy conforms to your procedures, then
this tool fits that bill. I thought my own jigs were doing just fine.

Having ordered one at the Providence Convention I thought
I would be apprised of their availability but fortunately one arrived
last month. What a difference!
A side by side comparison proved the benefits of their system.

I highly recommend this tool for techs interested in further
development of their action diagnostics.

Regards,

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)